Medicaid Service Coordinator (MSC) for Bronx/Manhattan
Position Title: Medicaid Service Coordinator (Full-Time)
Company Name: Daybreak Independent Services, Inc.
Experience: 1-2 years in Health or Human Services field
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Upper Salary range: Commensurate with Experience Location: Bronx/Manhattan, NY
Date Available: Immediately
Brief Job Description:
DBIS is a not for profit agency located in Yonkers that services individuals with developmental disabilities within the Bronx and Manhattan. The Medicaid Service Coordinator (MSC) will be responsible for providing advocacy on behalf of individuals and their families in the areas of education, housing, judiciary, and medicine. Serving as a liaison with outside resources and services, the ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of OPWDD system and regulations, as well as HCBS Waiver Programs; be able to work collaboratively with other service providers within a scope of interdisciplinary efforts in order to promote a well-rounded quality of life for individuals with developmental disabilities; conduct and facilitate service plan meetings that incorporate a person-centered planning approach which includes the 3IP philosophy (Individualization, Inclusion, Independence, Productivity); develop and produce Individualized Service Plans and monthly documentation of services rendered; and perform community outreach to inform and educate families about available programs and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with individuals, families, advocates and providers.
- Flexibility, poise, tact and the ability to develop rapport with individuals of various backgrounds and positions.
- Ability to advocate and be resourceful in connecting families to services and supports
- Ability to work 40 Hours, Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm with flexibility to work late nights and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and have exceptional analytical/organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate high tolerance for a fast paced work environment, consistent follow-up and strict deadlines
- Ability to travel within Bronx/Manhattan to conduct home visits to individuals and attend any required meetings/trainings within Bronx/Manhattan/Yonkers locations
- Bilingual preferred
The primary mission of DBIS is to provide quality services to our individuals in a caring and professional manner. The most critical resource we have to accomplish this task is our employees. As an agency that is vested in quality driven services, we value competent employees who are physically and mentally prepared to carry out this tremendous responsibility and serve as a reflection of our mission (We Understand, We Connect, We Commit). For this reason, DBIS provides medical and dental insurance benefits to eligible full-time employees after completion of three (3) month introductory period.
Program Hours: Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm (40 Hours) with flexibility to work late nights and weekends, as needed.
Application Procedure: Email resume with cover letter expressing an interest in pursuing the posted position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person: Paul Randall, MSC Supervisor